Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello...

I’ve wanted to start a blog for years. But aside from the one I had to write in French about Claude Monet for an assignment, I just haven’t had the time. And I say haven’t had the time, more because of the fact that I haven’t made the time, or I haven’t spent the time I’ve had writing a blog. But this all changes right now...

Well my first nugget of wisdom folks, is to always be wary of the bane that is Instant Messaging, for nothing good can come of it. That’s a lie, IM is perfect for those lazy evenings where you log on to see who’s online, and indulge yourself in a bit of mindless banter. But for conversations of real substance, for the love of God, steer clear.

One is always left, particularly if they haven’t (as is usually the case) gone well, wondering how they came across. Most of the time, the ‘self’ that they’ve presented hasn’t been the ‘self’ they’ve intended to present, and hasn’t been the ‘self’ they were trying to present. But alas, the situation has been lost. For all intent and purpose, the conversation you’ve wanted to have, has been had, just in a wholly inadequate medium. You can’t readdress the situation, because as far as the other person is concerned, you’ve had your chance to say what you think. Basically, you’re up shit creek in a big way, and have been left with a bitter taste on your lips, that smacks of injustice.


Gah, the same appears to be true for blogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment